Every book has back stories and false starts and things that never make it onto the page. I’m always fascinated when authors talk about the choices they make while writing their books, and love finding out about things they cut out.
I know a few secret things about the Allie Beckstrom books that I’ve never told anyone. Until today. ‘Cause I’m sharing them. 🙂
1. Allie didn’t like high school, but she actually had a good time in college…even though she can’t remember most of it.
2. Zayvion Jones secretly likes country music. He thinks Shame will tease him mercilessly about this fact.
3. Terric wasn’t going to be a major character in the books until I wrote the first scene with him in it and realized what a good friend he was to Zayvion…and how much he bothered Shame.
4. *Back when I was writing book 2, I killed Davy Silvers, the Hound, before he spoke a single word or had a single scene. But I liked him so much, I unkilled him and he appeared in the book instead.
5. The first thing I ever wrote about Shame Flynn was him waking up hung over from an alcohol and Blood magic bender because Zayvion had barged into his place (well, his mother’s place) needing help. Shame was not very helpful. He was, however, funny. 😉
And there you have it! Five quick secrets. Did any of it surprise you?
*edited for clarity. 😉