- I'll be signing in Houston, Texas on July 6th at 6:30 p.m. at Murder By The Book. I will wear my newest thrift-store steampunk outfit in honor of DEAD IRON's release, and hope to meet some new readers there, especially since I don't get out to signings very often. Maybe some of the readers will come dressed up in steampunk gear. I'll be sure to take pictures.
- The Book Pushers posted an interview with me, and are giving away two copies of DEAD IRON right here.
- I blogged today on the Deadline Dames and am giving away two *more* copies of DEAD IRON.
- Want one more chance to score a free DEAD IRON? Check out A Book Obsession for a contest ending today.
- And lastly, Seanan McGuire and I will be blogging it up for the next couple weeks on Babel Clash, starting tomorrow. Hope you stop by and say hi!
It's a long-standing family tradition to have a big 4th of July celebration at our house. For one thing, we have a large kid/dog-friendly yard, for another we have an old, old in-ground concrete pool that gets filled up every year right around the 4th. The kids love playing in the pool as it's filling. Old snow saucer sleds make great slides down the slope from the shallow end to the deeper end with a splash into the ever-growing puddle of water, and the youngsters will spend hours at it (and be completely worn out the next day!) With a barbecue/potluck and some late night fireworks, we always have a good time. This year we decided to do our family 4th of July celebration on the 3rd of July. It seemed to work best for more family members to get together on a Sunday instead of Monday, so we were pre-patriotic and had a great time! Today I'll be working and tying down some loose ends. Here's a few things that are going on: