I think I have blog-block. I’ve written two blog posts this morning and decided they both sucked, lol! So today, I will just go with the random update thingy:
1. I added the back cover blurb for DEAD IRON here on the web page under: Books – Age of Steam. Here’s the link.
2. I drove (pre-coffee) back from dropping off Kid Youngest at school with my left turn signal on for the entire drive. I am an idiot. (sorry, other drivers. No wonder those four-way stops were so weird.)
3. The next Allie Beckstrom book is writing as almost exclusively dialogue. O_o? I’m gonna follow that for as far as it will take me, but I’ve never had one of the Allie books write that way. A bit that made me laugh:
“He is a little over-protective, isn’t he?”
“Like condoms at a retirement home.”
4. Switching from revising DEAD IRON (American west steampunk) to writing urban fantasy was tricky. Some of my urban fantasy characters started talking like they were back in the 1800’s. Luckily, that’s easy to spot, and after a second pot of coffee, everyone got back to the urban fantasy swing and lingo, pretty good, I reckon.
5. Um…knitting? Yep. Started a new project. You can see it on the side bar right over there to the right. Oh, that’s something else I did!* I messed with the website side bar to list current releases by friends, what I’m knitting (pic will change as I progress) and what I’m reading.
6. I am looking into the availability of my books in e-format outside the USA. I’ve gotten a few emails from people asking me about it (thank you!). It is my publisher who decides how the ebooks are made available, so I’ll find out what they have planned and hopefully report back here soon. But please don’t think that I consider any reader or country second-class, or that I would ever want to blacklist anyone. I love readers!!! This is just one of those (annoying) bumps in the road of adopting a new format, and something I hope can be solved soon!
*on my web page. Link